No lie, by the end of this year I completely forgot that MakeNine goals existed, let alone that I had made a MakeNine goal for 2020. I started out strong, but then fell off the wagon a few months in. That sounds like a description for 2020 in general. Looking back at these goals made me realize just how much has changed in a year, and just how long ago January feels.
Let's see where all my forgotten goals have ended up by the end of this crazy year.
1. Avocado Fabric - I planned to finally use some of the fabric that I'd previously dyed with avocados. But I didn't have an idea of what to use it for. I did NOT use it, but I do now have an idea of what to use it on, soooo slightly further along. That's progress, right?
2. Weave Something - I took a wonderful weaving class with Megan (@loomlarge) back in February at the Ignite Studio makerspace in Fishers, IN. Megan creates gorgeous woven creations, and I had a blast trying to make a little wall weaving. I even embroidered it with my word for 2020 (Pull).
3. My Body Model - I had so much fun trying out My Body Model back in March, and doing a super in depth review of it. Check out the blog post all about it here.
4. The Wedding Quilt - I made a good chunk of progress at my annual sewing retreat in January! And then sewed up maybe 20 quilt squares the rest of the year. That's about what I expected!
5. A Huxley - My goal was to create a 4th Huxley, this one hacked to be larger, rolltop, and waterproof. Check. Check. Check! Although having nowhere to go for the majority of the year means I didn't end up using it all that much. But I did have a lot of fun making it! Check it out here.
6. A Leather Tote - I think this may be the goal I did the least for. Because I did pretty much nothing! I moved the leather with us from Indiana to Illinois, and that's it! Although I did make a sort of "wearable muslin" tote prototype to test out sizing. So I guess that could count as some sort of progress.
7. Two Kelly Anoraks - I finished my first Kelly Anorak at my sewing retreat in January. (yay!) But did nothing to work towards my second one. (boo!) Maybe 2021 is my year. Maybe my MakeNine for 2021 should be all WIPs. It basically is anyway.
8. Spool Buttons - Another partial success! I made about 5 buttons so far. I'm still tweaking the process to figure out the best way to make these. I think the next step is to pick a project to use them on. I'm open to button-friendly pattern suggestions!
9. Zero Waste Pattern - I have the beginnings of a zero waste pattern, complete with an initial muslin. I started it to be an entry for the 2020 Threads competition, but as the deadline ending up being right during our move to Illinois, I missed the deadline and this pattern got put on the back burner.
creative business owner. designer. hoosier. crafter. runner. sewer. swing dancer. outdoor enthusiast. entrepreneur. wife. mom. material hoarder.
My Instagram Feed: