MakeNine WIPs in 2021
For my 2021 MakeNine challenge, I've decided to focus on WIPs (Work in Progress). I'm notorious for starting a million and one projects, but never completely finishing any of them. My last few MakeNine challenges have been trending in this direction, with projects lingering on from year to year. So I'm just gonna embrace it! Here are 9 projects that are in various stages of unfinish that I hope to finish this year.
1. Flannel Lined Kelly Anorak - This another rollover WIP from last year's MakeNine. I have the materials, and the wearable muslin finished, now it's time to make pattern alterations and go for the real deal.
2. Bag Patterns - I have two different smaller bag patterns that I'm part way through creating. I really want to bring them to their finish quickly, to build back up my patterning momentum. It has been super tough to focus on big projects like this since becoming a stay at home mom, and now that I have some daycare I'm going to get back into the swing of things. The initial pattern and prototypes have been made. Next step is to refine the pattern and instructions and test them again.
3. My Sewing Table - I have been dreaming of a specific sewing table for years now. The actual plans have been in the works for the last few months, and I just got all my materials at the beginning of the week. I'm happy to say that this project is soon to be checked off the list! I have another layer of batting and then canvas to cover the table with, and then maybe a little paint job on some of the wood pieces.
4. The Wedding Quilt - This was also on my list for last year, and most likely will continue to be on the list for a few more years.... maybe by our 10th anniversary... But I'd like to get the whole front pieced together this year.
5. Paper piecing Project - I created a wolf paper piecing pattern for myself a few years ago and I have yet to sew it up! Pattern pieces are printed taped and cut, and the fabric is picked out.
6. Spool Buttons - I want to create a garment that uses my wooden spool buttons. I'm open to pattern suggestions!
7. Zero Waste Pattern - I started this project last year, but put it on the back burner part way through. I made my first test garment, and made note of the pattern alterations I needed to make, and I'd like to get through a second round of prototyping for it this year.
8. Large Format Printer - I got a large format printer off of facebook marketplace. It was totally free! But currently doesn't work... I've changed the belt on it, but I don't think I got it just right. I'm going to give fixing it one more time by myself, and then decide what to do with it next.
9. Headboard cover - My son has a bad habit of head butting things while he naps, including the wall, so I got a headboard off facebook marketplace about two months ago. It was only $10 for this queen sized headboard, with the catch that it didn't include a cover. Which is fine by me, because I can sew one up! I just need to actually...sew one up. I've made the pattern, and gathered materials, but it keeps getting pushed back on my list.
Leave a Reply.
creative business owner. designer. hoosier. crafter. runner. sewer. swing dancer. outdoor enthusiast. entrepreneur. wife. material hoarder.
My Instagram Feed:
Madeline Stage firstname.lastname@example.org
Right here. Right now.