Milwaukee Skyline or Heart Wisconsin Pillow
Easy Wisconsin Pillow with Milwaukee Skyline
This pattern is great for beginners, and kids. It is a great pattern for practicing your precision sewing machine skills, while still being a very forgiving end product. No one is going to notice if the river's edge of your state pillow is missing a little squiggle! These pillows also make a perfect (and quick) homemade gift for birthdays, weddings, and holidays! You can make a plain pillow, one with a heart, or one with a skyline silhouette.
This pattern is for personal use only. Please do not share this pattern, or sell the items you make with this pattern, unless you get written permission.
The Plain or Heart version: ☆CURIOUS☆
The Skyline version: ☆CAPABLE☆
(–Curious –Capable –Confident –Cocky –Couture –Crazy )
The pattern can be immediately downloaded and printed at home! Your download includes:
• Tiled PDF printable pattern that is compatible with US letter or A4 paper (14 pgs)
• Large Format PDF printable pattern that can be printed at a copy shopt (31" wide by 30.6" long)
• PDF instructions that are concise and printer friendly (6 pgs)
• Click HERE for a state pillow sewalong, with tons of photos, and directions as well as tips on what fabrics to use and ideas for creative ways to make your pillows your own. (coming soon)
• Click HERE for photo instructions on how to put together a tiled pattern.
Finished Pillow Size: 17” wide by 18” tall (43cm x 46cm) at its largest points
Materials you need:
• 3/4 yd of fabric (3/4 meter) for the front and back of your pillow, or if you are using fabric scraps, you need two 21”x21” pieces (54cm x 54cm)
• 16 oz of polyfill stuffing (450 grams)
• 3”x3” scrap of fabric for a heart (8cm x 8cm)
• ½ yd of fabric for the skyline silhouette (½ meter) or, if you are using scraps, you need one 12”x15” piece (31cm x 38cm)
Tools you will need:
• Sewing Machine (or you can hand sew everything if you prefer. It is just much much slower)
• Fabric Marker/Chalk
• Scissors (paper and fabric scissors)
• Ruler/Measuring Tape
The base pattern works well with a wide range of woven fabrics, from quilting cotton to heavier home decor fabrics and just about everything in between. For the skyline, it is best to use fabrics that have little or no fraying along a cut edge, such as vinyl, leather, suede, felt, or fleece.
Share your makes with me on Instagram by tagging @GoheenDesigns and using #WisconsinPillow
The contents of this pattern (including instructions, photos and diagrams) are protected by copyright and belong exclusively to Goheen LLC. You may use this pattern for domestic use only. Items made from this pattern and sold commercially require written permission. No part of this pattern may be reproduced or resold, although it is permitted to print single copies for domestic use.