The Huxley Bag
The Huxley Bag
Check out #HuxleyBag on Instagram for inspiration.
Convertible Backpack to Cross body to Bike Bag
PDF Downloadable Sewing Pattern and Tutorial
A cross-body bag, a backpack, and a bike bag all in one. Combine that with the two different sizes, and the two views (one with a lid flap and one without) and you have here in this pattern 12 possible bags. All the options you need for going from bike, to hike to car. You can create the perfect bag to keep up with you on all your adventures. The larger size fits a 13” laptop, while the smaller size is perfect for carrying a tablet. Just enough room for your essentials, without so much room that you are tempted to bring the whole kitchen sink (over-packing is a serious problem for me).
Wear it on your back to keep your hands free. Throw it over your shoulder as a cross body for quick access to your essentials. Or snap it onto your bike for easy sweat free riding.
As adaptable as you are.
The perfect bag for all your adventures.
This pattern's skill level is CONFIDENT (aka intermediate): I sew on the regular and I'm very familiar with using sewing patterns. I know my machine like the back of my hand!
The pattern can be immediately downloaded and printed at home! Your download includes:
• Two sizes and two views, to make the perfect bag just for you. (To see the size chart and materials needed, take a look at the charts in the pictures above)
• PDF printable pattern that is compatible with US letter or A4 paper (29 pages), A0 paper (2 pages) or a large format printer, and has the option to print only the size you need.
• Detailed PDF instructions that include what tools you need, and the directions for how to use the pattern and sew your very own convertible bag with tons of step by step photos and drawings!
• Tutorials, tips, and videos on finding and installing the right hardware to make your bag look super professional.
• Tips on what fabrics to use and ideas for creative ways to make your top reflect your own unique style.
This pattern is for personal use only. Please do not share, copy, or distribute this pattern. If you sell the items you make from this pattern, please give me credit.
Join the Facebook Group for shared inspiration, tips, and discounts!
And don't forget to use #HuxleyBag to share your makes on instagram!